Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Chess Tournament in Kuala Kangsar

On last Sunday, my family and I went to Kuala Kangsar. We left home 15 minutes to 7 o'clock in the early morning. It was a two and a half hour car drive. We arrived at SMK Clifford, the venue of the 1st KLK Leg chess tournament, minutes before 9.30am. 

The tournament started one hour late than schedule. The Under 12 category in which I participated was playing in a class room. It was very unfortunate because the venue is not air-conditioned. The normal fan is not enough for the hot weather. I got headache after the third round. More than 80 participants took part mostly from the surrounding area. I had to play seven rounds of 20-minute-per-player game.

I scored 5 points from 5 wins. I won consecutively the first three rounds. But I lost the next two rounds. One of them is to my chess buddy, Farizzuddin. The other defeat is to 2011 Perak P12 state player, Nur Aishah  Abu Bakar Martin. I came back to win the last two rounds - the sixth and the seventh.

I was placed ninth overall and sixth among the boys in the final ranking. I missed by one spot to be among the winners as the prizes are only for the top 5 in the boys category. For sure, I am sad because I didn't win. Luckily, both my elder brother and sister won in their respective categories. Fikri is fifth in the Open category and won one hundred Malaysian Ringgits while Anis is the first runner up in Under 16 section and also won the same amount of money prize.

After the tournament, we visited a very beautiful mosque named Masjid Ubudiah. We had dinner at a cafe known as Laksa Pak Ngah. 

in the third round I think

fourth round against Nur Aishah in yellow shirt

fifth round against my chess buddy, Farrizzuddin

last round against Tan Yik Chean. I wore white shirt.

Below are the final ranking, downloaded from Gilachess website by my dad.

Below are three photos of me enjoying the moment in Kuala Kangsar taken by my dad.

In front of amazing Masjid Ubudiah

"Peace Y'all" in Laksa Pak Ngah cafe

a beautiful cat, isn't it?
I was so tired so that I slept in the car during the journey back home to Shah Alam. My father could not drive fast because it was raining. We reached home at around 1.00am. Aaaaaah, I wish I do not go to school on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment